Wednesday 11 March 2015

It's been a slightly strange couple of weeks. After the highs of February, March has been a bit low key. Not much has been planned and to be honest, I kinda like it. It's nice to have a bit of a breather now and again.

I have finally left the store I was working in. I have mixed emotions on leaving though. Sad to leave some of the staff behind and sad to leave some of the customers behind. However, I am glad to leave some of the staff behind and I am especially glad to leave the town behind!! Going there served it's purpose though. It was a good way to escape the goldfish bowl of my previous life and to rebuild my life in a positive way. It allowed me to regroup and to find me again.........and to find the other me!!

I am currently floating around the stores in my area of the company - helping out stores which are short staffed. This is only until my store opens. A brand new store. The problem is, I really want to get started on the new store, but currently, it won't be open until at least June. So, I feel a bit lost. Can't get my teeth sunk into anything constructive. And I possibly have at least 2 months of this to go. I may go slightly mad.........

It's also a quiet month for me as well. Nothing really planned until the last weekend of the month. A singer friend of mine wants me to help her with her look. Her repertoire is Jazzy/Swing/Movie songs, so wants to adapt her look a little with my help. Ever since I was asked, I have had a few ideas floating around my poor brain that I think might work. It's a work in progress.

I have also had a major confidence boost. A friend of ours, with whom I usually go shopping with, ws on a work do last weekend. Now, both of us, me 1.0/2.0 have been into her place of work. Me 2.0 came up in conversation at her work do. What transpired is that, even though I still don't think I am convincing enough, most of the staff had no idea that there was a me 1.0. To convince genetic females is one of the hardest things to achieve and, in this instance, I achieved it. 

My friend also works with a FTM (female to male) transgender. Now, given my issues with my gender, they are someone who I would like to talk to. I still have the feeling of wanting to transition, but I really want to talk to someone who has had or has gender dysphoria and has decided to transition. To convince them as well is the cherry on top of the cake. I mustn't get over confident though. I know my craft isn't perfect, but I must be doing something right!

I may be around on Saturday - depends on what happens during the day. We'll see ;) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment